Any Hawaiian native who is a fan of psychoactive cannabinoids has probably at least heard of delta-8 THC, the hemp plant’s mildly psychoactive and intensely soothing derivative. Now, since some states have recently banned delta-8 THC, it’s important to cover its legality as it pertains to Hawaii residents, while covering where you should and shouldn’t go looking for the cannabinoid.
Is Delta-8 THC Legal in Hawaii?
Yes, delta-8 THC is very much legal throughout Hawaii, since the passing of the 2018 Farm Bill, which made hemp products federally legalized, as long as they contain a maximum of 0.3% delta-9 THC by dry weight. The state adheres to this legislation, and so there are no restrictions on the amount of delta-8 THC a person can purchase, how much they can possess or the type of delta-8 products that they can purchase. You do, have to be of legal adult age in order to purchase delta-8.
For more information, check out our state-by-state list here.
Top Places to Buy Delta-8 Products From in Hawaii
Online Hemp Retailers
The top option for buying high-quality delta-8 products is through a reputable online hemp retailer like Gas. Here, you’ll find only top-shelf delta 8 THC vape cartridges, flower, gummies, and disposable vapes made with only fresh ingredients and organic, fully lab-tested hemp derivatives. Our products are affordable, and come in all kinds of strains, flavors and more to keep our customers fully satisfied. Gas even ship delta-8 products to all areas of Hawaii, including Honolulu, Hawi, Volcano, Hilo, Kailua, and more, with very quick shipping and discreet packaging.
If a vape store in your area carries delta-8 products, you will need to make sure that they’re carrying a reputable brand. Because these types of businesses don’t specialize in hemp, they may or may not have strict quality standards when it comes to delta-8 THC.
Places to Avoid When Shopping for Delta-8 Products
First off, we do not recommend buying delta-8 products from a gas station or a convenience store. These places are concerned with selling products for cheap, and even have low quality standards overall. Also, steer clear from people selling delta-8 products through social media or Craigslist if they don’t have a business license, along with anyone trying to sell delta-8 goods on a third-party marketplace like eBay, Craigslist, or Facebook Marketplace, just to name a few.
Why Buying Delta-8 Products Online Then is Always the Preferred Option
Overall, buying delta-8 products online rather than through a local store will leave you feeling like a more satisfied customer. Local stores don’t typically have enough demand to justify strict quality standards or large product selection, and rarely are these products fresh.
Online is preferred for these main reasons below:
- More Delta-8 Products to Choose From: By purchasing delta-8 products online rather than locally, you can explore a larger selection of product types, strains, milligram strengths and more, because online companies can carry more inventory.
- More Affordable Delta-8 THC: Without having to deal with heavy overhead costs that come with operating a brick-and-mortar store, online retailers are able to sell their products for lower prices.
- Higher Quality Standards: Online delta-8 THC companies are known to maintain stricter quality standards, since the online marketplace has become so competitive that companies have to work very hard to keep customers interested in their products and satisfied with what they offer.
- Deals and Bundles: Most online companies offer great sales and deals throughout the year to lure in new customers, while selling products in bundles so that customers can stock up on their favorite formulas while saving money at the same time.
- Fresher Delta-8 Goods: Popular online companies like Gas enjoy high traffic which leads to a fast product turnover rate. This means that the delta-8 goods are always sold fresh.
- More Convenience: Buying delta-8 online is definitely more convenient, since you can enjoy top-shelf products delivered directly to your door, never having to step foot outside.